Unlock Background Report
Cellco Partnership Dba Verizon Wireless - CA Wireless in LOS ANGELES, CA
Reported between 11/26/2003 and 12/1/2022
(949) 616-4354 - Prior Owners
(949) Area Code - Information:
The 949 area code is a telephone area code in the North American Numbering Plan (NANP) for Orange County, California. It was created on March 22, 1998, when it was split from the 714 area code. The 949 area code covers all of Orange County except for the cities of Garden Grove and Santa Ana, which are served by the 714 area code.
(949) Area Code - Industries:Orange County is home to many industries including technology, finance, healthcare, tourism, and manufacturing. Major employers include Allergan Pharmaceuticals, Broadcom Corporation, Experian Information Solutions Inc., Ingram Micro Inc., Kaiser Permanente Medical Group, and St. Joseph Health System. The county also has a thriving small business sector with over 200,000 businesses employing more than 1 million people.
Universities and Colleges
Orange County is home to several universities and colleges including University of California Irvine (UCI), Chapman University, Soka University of America, Vanguard University of Southern California, Concordia University Irvine, Brandman University and National University. UCI is one of the top research universities in the nation and offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in fields such as engineering, medicine, law and business administration.
Orange County is known for its beautiful beaches and year-round sunshine but there are some unique facts about this region that you may not know:
• Orange County has more than 40 miles of coastline along the Pacific Ocean
• The county is home to Disneyland Resort – one of the most visited tourist attractions in the world
• Orange County has an average temperature of 70 degrees Fahrenheit throughout the year
• The county’s population is estimated at 3 million people
• Orange County has more than 30 golf courses
Orange County has been home to many famous people including actors Tom Hanks and John Wayne; musicians Gwen Stefani and No Doubt; athletes Kobe Bryant and Tiger Woods; entrepreneurs Steve Jobs and Bill Gross; politicians Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan; writers Ray Bradbury and Dean Koontz; scientists Carl Sagan and Edward Teller; artists Andy Warhol and Roy Lichtenstein; fashion designers Diane von Furstenberg and Betsey Johnson; chefs Wolfgang Puck and Thomas Keller; television personalities Ellen DeGeneres and Ryan Seacrest; comedians George Lopezand Conan O'Brien; directors Steven Spielbergand Francis Ford Coppola; producers Jerry Bruckheimerand Brian Grazer; singers Christina Aguileraand Mariah Carey; models Tyra Banksand Heidi Klum.
(949) Area Code - Tourist Attractions:Orange County offers plenty of attractions for visitors to enjoy including Disneyland Resort – one of the most popular theme parks in the world – Knott’s Berry Farm amusement park – Balboa Island – Newport Beach Pier – Mission San Juan Capistrano – Laguna Beach – Crystal Cove State Park – Huntington Beach Pier – Fashion Island shopping center – South Coast Plaza shopping mall – Anaheim Convention Center – Angel Stadium baseball stadium– Honda Center arena– Irvine Spectrum Center outdoor mall– Bowers Museum art museum– Discovery Science Center science museum– Irvine Regional Park nature preserve– San Clemente Pier beachfront pier– San Onofre State Beach surfing beach– SeaWorld Adventure Park marine life park– Wild Rivers waterpark– Yorba Regional Park hiking trails.
(949) Area Code - Cities Covered:
The 949 area code covers the cities Aliso Viejo, Costa Mesa, Dana Point, Irvine, Laguna Beach, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Lake Forest, Mission Viejo, Newport Beach, Rancho Santa Margarita, San Clemente and San Juan Capistrano in the Counties of Orange.
(949) Area Code - Popular Prefixes: