Unlock Background Report
Cellco Partnership Dba Verizon Wireless - NC Wireless in RALEIGH, NC
Reported between 10/1/2008 and 2/1/2023
(919) 960-8036 - Prior Owners
(919) Area Code - Information:
The 919 area code is a telephone area code in the North American Numbering Plan (NANP) for the state of North Carolina. It serves most of the Research Triangle region, including Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary, and other cities and towns in Wake County, Durham County, Orange County, Chatham County, Johnston County and Franklin County.
(919) Area Code - Industries:The 919 area code is home to many industries that are important to the economy of North Carolina. The Research Triangle Park (RTP) is located within this area code and is one of the largest research parks in the United States. RTP houses over 200 companies from various industries such as biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, information technology and telecommunications. Other major employers include Duke University Health System, UNC Health Care System and WakeMed Health & Hospitals.
(919) Area Code - Universities & Colleges:The 919 area code is also home to several large universities and colleges. The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC-CH), Duke University and North Carolina State University are all located within this area code. These three universities form the core of what is known as the “Research Triangle” due to their close proximity to each other and their strong research capabilities.
(919) Area Code - Unique Facts:One unique fact about the 919 area code is that it was created in 1992 when it was split off from the original 704 area code which covered all of North Carolina at that time. This split was necessary due to population growth in the Research Triangle region which had outpaced its existing phone number resources.
Michael Jordan - Basketball player who attended UNC-CH
John Edwards - Former U.S Senator from North Carolina who attended UNC-CH
James K Polk - 11th President of the United States who was born in Mecklenburg County which falls within this area code
(919) Area Code - Tourist Attractions:The 919 area code has many tourist attractions for visitors to enjoy including:
• The NC Museum of Art – Located in Raleigh, this museum features works from around the world as well as special exhibitions throughout the year.
• Pullen Park – A popular amusement park located in Raleigh with rides for all ages including a carousel and miniature train ride.
• Duke Gardens – A 55 acre public garden on Duke University's campus featuring a variety of plants from around the world as well as walking trails and sculptures.
• Historic Yates Mill – An 18th century grist mill located near Raleigh where visitors can learn about early milling techniques while enjoying nature walks around its pond.
(919) Area Code - Cities Covered:
The 919 area code covers the cities Apex, Cary, Chapel Hill, Durham, Goldsboro, Raleigh and Sanford in the Counties of Wake, Orange, Durham, Wayne and Lee.
(919) Area Code - Popular Prefixes: