Unlock Background Report
Time Warner Cable Information Services (Texas) LP Dba Time Warner Cable - TX LandLine/Services in SAN ANTONIO, TX
Reported between 11/1/2012 and 12/1/2022
(812) 630-3800 - Prior Owners
(812) Area Code - Information:
The 812 area code is a telephone area code in the North American Numbering Plan (NANP) for the southern third of Indiana. It serves most of the southwestern part of the state, including Evansville, Bloomington, Terre Haute, and Vincennes. The 812 area code was created in 1947 as one of the original 86 area codes assigned by AT&T.
(812) Area Code - Industries:The 812 area code is home to many industries, including manufacturing, healthcare, education, agriculture, and tourism. Manufacturing is a major industry in this region with companies such as Toyota Motor Manufacturing Indiana located in Princeton and Alcoa Howmet Castings located in Lafayette. Healthcare is also an important industry with several hospitals and medical centers located throughout the region. Education is another key industry with several large universities and colleges located within the 812 area code such as Indiana University-Bloomington, Purdue University-West Lafayette, and Vincennes University. Agriculture is also an important industry with many farms located throughout the region producing corn, soybeans, wheat, hay, and other crops. Tourism is also a major industry with attractions such as Holiday World & Splashin' Safari in Santa Claus and Angel Mounds State Historic Site near Evansville drawing visitors from all over the world.
(812) Area Code - Universities & Colleges:The 812 area code is home to several large universities and colleges including Indiana University-Bloomington (IU), Purdue University-West Lafayette (Purdue), Vincennes University (VU), Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology (RHIT), Ivy Tech Community College (Ivy Tech), Oakland City University (OCU), Franklin College (FC), Hanover College (HC), Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College (SMWC), and Oakland City University - Fort Branch Campus (OCUFB). IU offers more than 550 undergraduate majors across its eight campuses while Purdue offers more than 200 undergraduate majors across its six campuses. VU has seven campuses offering associate's degrees in various fields while RHIT offers bachelor's degrees in engineering technology at its main campus in Terre Haute. Ivy Tech has 23 campuses offering associate's degrees while OCU has two campuses offering bachelor's degrees in various fields. FC offers bachelor's degrees at its main campus while HC offers bachelor's degrees at its main campus as well as online programs. SMWC offers bachelor's degrees at its main campus while OCUFB offers associate's degrees at its main campus.
(812) Area Code - Unique Facts:The 812 area code is home to some unique facts that make it stand out from other areas of Indiana. For example, it is home to the oldest continuously operating post office west of the Allegheny Mountains which opened in 1804 in Vincennes. It also contains some of the oldest buildings still standing today such as Grouseland Mansion built between 1802–1804 by William Henry Harrison who later became President of the United States; Old Cathedral built between 1826–1834; St Peter’s Church built between 1837–1839; and First Presbyterian Church built between 1840–1841 all located in Vincennes. Additionally, it contains some of the oldest cemeteries still operating today such as Oak Hill Cemetery established in 1817; Walnut Hill Cemetery established in 1819; Bellefontaine Cemetery established in 1820; and Greenlawn Cemetery established in 1821 all located near Evansville.
(812) Area Code - Cities Covered:
The 812 area code covers the cities Bloomington, Clarksville, Columbus, Evansville, Jeffersonville, New Albany and Terre Haute in the Counties of Monroe, Clark, Bartholomew, Vanderburgh, Floyd and Vigo.
(812) Area Code - Popular Prefixes: