Unlock Background Report
Pacific Bell Telephone Company LandLine/Services in LOS ANGELES, CA
Reported between 9/1/1998 and 2/1/2023
(805) 796-7563 - Prior Owners
(805) Area Code - Information:
The 805 area code is a telephone area code in the North American Numbering Plan (NANP) for the California Central Coast region. It serves most of Ventura County, all of Santa Barbara County and San Luis Obispo County, and parts of Los Angeles and Kern counties. The 805 area code was created in 1957 as a split from the 213 area code.
(805) Area Code - Industries:The 805 area code is home to many industries, including agriculture, biotechnology, energy production, manufacturing, tourism, and technology. Agriculture is one of the largest industries in the 805 area code with crops such as strawberries, avocados, lemons, oranges, grapes and olives being grown in abundance. Biotechnology is also an important industry in this region with companies such as Amgen and Genentech having major operations here. Energy production is another major industry with oil fields located throughout the region. Manufacturing is also prevalent with companies such as Boeing and Lockheed Martin having large facilities here. Tourism is also a major industry with attractions such as Hearst Castle and Solvang drawing visitors from around the world. Technology companies such as Google have offices in this region as well.
(805) Area Code - Universities & Colleges:The 805 area code has several large universities and colleges located within its boundaries. These include University of California Santa Barbara (UCSB), California Polytechnic State University San Luis Obispo (Cal Poly SLO), Westmont College, Allan Hancock College, Cuesta College and Ventura College among others. UCSB is one of the top research universities in the country while Cal Poly SLO offers excellent engineering programs. Westmont College provides a liberal arts education while Allan Hancock College focuses on vocational training programs. Cuesta College offers associate degrees while Ventura College provides certificate programs for students looking to enter into specific career fields quickly.
(805) Area Code - Unique Facts:One unique fact about the 805 area code is that it was once part of the 213 area code before it was split off in 1957 due to population growth in Southern California at that time. Another interesting fact about this region is that it has some of the best surfing spots on the west coast including Rincon Point near Santa Barbara which has been called “the Queen of Surfing” by surfers around the world.
(805) Area Code - Cities Covered:
The 805 area code covers the cities Atascadero, Camarillo, El Paso De Robles, Goleta, Lompoc, Moorpark, Orcutt, Oxnard, Port Hueneme, San Buenaventura, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Santa Maria, Santa Paula, Simi Valley and Thousand Oaks in the Counties of Sanluis Obispo, Ventura and Santa Barbara.
(805) Area Code - Popular Prefixes: