Unlock Background Report
Cellco Partnership Dba Verizon Wireless - GA Wireless in ATLANTA, GA
Reported between 8/15/2012 and 12/1/2022
(770) 833-1131 - Prior Owners
(770) Area Code - Information:
The 770 area code is a telephone area code in the North American Numbering Plan (NANP) for the northern suburbs of Atlanta, Georgia. It was created in 1995 as an overlay to area codes 404 and 678. The 770 area code covers most of the northern suburbs of Atlanta, including Alpharetta, Marietta, Roswell, Sandy Springs, Johns Creek, Duluth, Norcross, Lawrenceville and Cumming.
(770) Area Code - Industries:The 770 area code is home to many large companies and industries. Some of these include Delta Air Lines, Coca-Cola Enterprises, UPS, Home Depot and AT&T Mobility. Additionally, the region is home to several major healthcare providers such as Emory Healthcare and Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. The technology industry also has a strong presence in the 770 area code with companies like IBM and Microsoft having offices in the region.
(770) Area Code - Universities & Colleges:The 770 area code is home to several universities and colleges including Emory University, Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech), Kennesaw State University and Mercer University. Additionally, there are numerous community colleges located within the region such as Chattahoochee Technical College and Gwinnett Technical College.
(770) Area Code - Unique Facts:One unique fact about the 770 area code is that it is one of only two area codes in Georgia that does not have any landlines associated with it; all phone numbers within this region are cell phones or VoIP services. Additionally, the 770 area code is home to some of the wealthiest zip codes in America according to Forbes Magazine.
(770) Area Code - Famous People:Several famous people have called the 770 area code home over the years including rapper Ludacris, actor Tyler Perry and former President Jimmy Carter who lived in Plains until his death in 2020. Other notable figures from this region include singer Usher Raymond IV and actress/singer Raven Symone who both grew up in Atlanta's northern suburbs.
(770) Area Code - Tourist Attractions:Six Flags Over Georgia amusement park is located just outside of Atlanta's northern suburbs in Austell which falls under the 770 area code. Additionally, Stone Mountain Park can be found nearby which features a variety of outdoor activities such as hiking trails and camping sites as well as a laser light show during certain times of year. For those looking for more cultural attractions there are several museums located throughout this region including The High Museum of Art and The Michael C Carlos Museum at Emory University which feature collections from around the world.
(770) Area Code - Cities Covered:
The 770 area code covers the cities Alpharetta, Atlanta, College Park, Douglasville, Duluth, Dunwoody, Forest Park, Gainesville, Griffin, Kennesaw, Lawrenceville, Mableton, Marietta, North Atlanta, Peachtree City, Redan, Roswell, Sandy Springs, Smyrna and Tucker in the Counties of Fulton, Clayton, Douglas, Gwinnett, De Kalb, Hall, Spalding, Cobb and Fayette.
(770) Area Code - Popular Prefixes: