Unlock Background Report
Bellsouth Telecommunications Inc Dba South Central Bell Telephone LandLine/Services in SHREVEPORT, LA
Reported between 7/1/1994 and 1/1/2023
(769) 456-7055 - Prior Owners
(769) Area Code - Information:
The 769 area code is an area code in the state of Mississippi. It covers parts of the Jackson metropolitan area, including the cities of Hattiesburg, Laurel, and Meridian. The 769 area code was created in 2001 when it was split off from the 601 area code.
(769) Area Code - Industries:The 769 area code is home to a variety of industries, including healthcare, manufacturing, retail, and hospitality. Healthcare is one of the largest employers in the region with several major hospitals located within its boundaries. Manufacturing is also a major industry in the region with companies such as Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grumman having facilities in the area. Retail is also a major employer with many large shopping centers located throughout the region. Finally, hospitality is another important industry with numerous hotels and restaurants located throughout the region.
(769) Area Code - Universities & Colleges:The 769 area code is home to several large universities and colleges. The University of Southern Mississippi (USM) is located in Hattiesburg and has over 15,000 students enrolled at its main campus. William Carey University (WCU) is also located in Hattiesburg and has over 4,000 students enrolled at its main campus. Mississippi State University (MSU) has two campuses located within the 769 area code: one in Meridian and one in Starkville. Finally, Jones County Junior College (JCJC) is located in Ellisville and has over 3,000 students enrolled at its main campus.
(769) Area Code - Unique Facts:One unique fact about the 769 area code is that it contains part of what was once known as “the Pine Belt” due to its abundance of pine trees which were used for lumber production during much of the 19th century. Another unique fact about this region is that it was once home to some of America’s earliest settlers who arrived here via steamboat from New Orleans during the early 1800s.
(769) Area Code - Famous People:The 769 area code has been home to several famous people throughout history including actor Morgan Freeman who was born in Memphis but raised in nearby Charleston; singer Faith Hill who grew up near Starksville; former NFL quarterback Brett Favre who attended USM; country music star Kenny Chesney who grew up near Laurel; and former NBA player Shaquille O'Neal who attended MSU-Meridian before transferring to LSU for his college career.
(769) Area Code - Tourist Attractions:The 769 area code offers visitors a variety of tourist attractions ranging from historical sites such as Vicksburg National Military Park to outdoor activities such as fishing on Ross Barnett Reservoir or camping at Paul B Johnson State Park. Other popular attractions include visiting museums such as The Ohr-O’Keefe Museum of Art or attending events like The Dixie National Rodeo held annually at MSU-Starkville or The Mardi Gras Parade held annually in downtown Hattiesburg each February.
(769) Area Code - Cities Covered:
The 769 area code covers the cities Clinton, Hattiesburg, Jackson, Meridian, Pearl, Ridgeland and Vicksburg in the Counties of Hinds, Forrest, Lauderdale, Rankin, Madison and Warren.
(769) Area Code - Popular Prefixes: