Unlock Background Report
Cellco Partnership Dba Verizon Wireless - PA Wireless in PITTSBURGH, PA
Reported between 2/1/1996 and 12/1/2022
(724) 242-0755 - Prior Owners
(724) Area Code - Information:
The 724 area code is a telephone area code in the North American Numbering Plan (NANP) for southwestern Pennsylvania. It serves parts of Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Greene, Indiana, Lawrence, Washington and Westmoreland counties.
(724) Area Code - Industries:The 724 area code is home to many industries including energy production and distribution, manufacturing, healthcare services and technology. The region is also known for its natural gas reserves and coal mining operations. Additionally, the area has become a hub for research and development in the fields of robotics and artificial intelligence.
(724) Area Code - Universities & Colleges:The 724 area code is home to several large universities and colleges including Carnegie Mellon University (CMU), Duquesne University, Robert Morris University (RMU), Seton Hill University (SHU), Slippery Rock University (SRU) and the University of Pittsburgh (Pitt). These institutions offer a variety of degree programs ranging from engineering to business administration.
(724) Area Code - Unique Facts:One unique fact about the 724 area code is that it was one of the first three-digit area codes established in 1947 when the NANP was created. Additionally, this region is home to some of the oldest settlements in America with roots dating back to 1750s.
(724) Area Code - Famous People:The 724 area code has been home to many famous people over the years including actors Michael Keaton and Joe Manganiello; musicians Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller; athletes Mario Lemieux and Dan Marino; writers Gertrude Stein and August Wilson; politicians John Heinz III and Rick Santorum; scientists Jonas Salk and Rachel Carson; entrepreneurs Andrew Carnegie and Henry Clay Frick; as well as numerous other notable figures.
(724) Area Code - Tourist Attractions:The 724 area code offers plenty of tourist attractions for visitors to explore such as Fallingwater House designed by Frank Lloyd Wright; Kennywood Amusement Park located near Pittsburgh; Ohiopyle State Park which features whitewater rafting on the Youghiogheny River; Flight 93 National Memorial honoring those who lost their lives on September 11th 2001; Fort Necessity National Battlefield where George Washington fought his first battle during the French & Indian War; Nemacolin Woodlands Resort offering luxury accommodations with golf courses, spa treatments & more; Seven Springs Mountain Resort featuring skiing & snowboarding trails in winter months; as well as numerous other attractions throughout southwestern Pennsylvania.
(724) Area Code - Cities Covered:
The 724 area code covers the cities Mccandless Township, Municipality Of Monroeville, New Castle, Plum and Upper St. Clair in the Counties of Allegheny and Lawrence.
(724) Area Code - Popular Prefixes: