Unlock Background Report
New Cingular Wireless PCS LLC - DC Wireless in NEW YORK METRO, NY
Reported between 6/5/2020 and 12/1/2022
(718) 458-3704 - Prior Owners
(718) Area Code - Information:
The 718 area code is a telephone area code in the North American Numbering Plan (NANP) for the boroughs of Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island in New York City. It was created in 1984 when it was split off from the 212 area code.
(718) Area Code - Industries:718 is home to many industries, including finance, media, technology, healthcare, education, and tourism. The financial industry has a strong presence in the area with several major banks having offices in Brooklyn and Queens. Media companies such as ViacomCBS and Hearst Corporation also have offices in the 718 area code. Technology companies like Google and Microsoft have offices in Brooklyn and Queens as well. Healthcare organizations such as NYU Langone Medical Center are located in Brooklyn while Stony Brook University Hospital is located on Long Island. Education institutions such as CUNY Baruch College and St. John’s University are located within the 718 area code. Tourism is also an important part of the economy with attractions such as Coney Island, Prospect Park Zoo, and Flushing Meadows-Corona Park drawing visitors from around the world.
(718) Area Code - Universities & Colleges:718 is home to several large universities and colleges including:
* CUNY Baruch College
* Stony Brook University
* St. John’s University
* Touro College
* SUNY Downstate Medical Center
* Pratt Institute
* Hunter College
* Pace University
* Fordham University
These universities offer a variety of degree programs ranging from business to medicine to engineering to law. They also provide students with access to research opportunities and internships that can help them gain valuable experience before entering the workforce.
Unique Facts & Famous People
The 718 area code has been featured prominently in popular culture over the years due to its association with New York City. Notable people who were born or raised in this area include rapper Jay-Z, actor Robert De Niro, singer/songwriter Billy Joel, comedian Jerry Seinfeld, actress Jennifer Aniston, director Martin Scorsese, author JK Rowling, musician Paul Simon, artist Jean-Michel Basquiat, fashion designer Donna Karan, athlete Jackie Robinson and many more. Additionally, some famous movies filmed within this region include “Goodfellas” (1990), “Taxi Driver” (1976), “Saturday Night Fever” (1977), “Annie Hall” (1977) and “Do The Right Thing” (1989).
(718) Area Code - Tourist Attractions: There are numerous tourist attractions within the 718 area code that draw visitors from all over the world each year. Some of these include:
* Coney Island – This iconic amusement park features rides such as The Cyclone roller coaster and Wonder Wheel Ferris wheel along with other attractions like Nathan's Famous hot dogs stand and Luna Park arcade games.
* Prospect Park Zoo – This zoo houses over 800 animals representing more than 200 species from around the world including lions, tigers, giraffes and penguins among others. It also offers educational programs for children about conservation efforts for endangered species throughout NYC parks system.
(718) Area Code - Cities Covered:
The 718 area code covers the cities Bronx, Brooklyn, New York City, Queens and Staten Island in the Counties of New York.
(718) Area Code - Popular Prefixes: