Unlock Background Report
T-Mobile USA Inc Wireless in CHICAGO, IL
Reported between 4/1/2001 and 12/1/2022
(708) 369-7272 - Prior Owners
(708) Area Code - Information:
The 708 area code is an area code in the North American Numbering Plan (NANP) that serves the Chicago metropolitan area. It was created in 1996 as a split from the 312 area code, which had been serving the entire Chicago metropolitan area since 1947. The 708 area code covers parts of Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake and Will counties in Illinois.
(708) Area Code - Industries:The 708 area code is home to many industries including manufacturing, finance, healthcare, technology and transportation. Major employers include Motorola Solutions, McDonald's Corporation, Walgreens Boots Alliance and United Airlines. The region also has a strong agricultural industry with farms producing corn, soybeans and wheat.
Universities and Colleges
The 708 area code is home to several large universities and colleges including Northwestern University, DePaul University, Loyola University Chicago and the University of Illinois at Chicago. These institutions offer a variety of degree programs ranging from business to engineering to medicine.
(708) Area Code - Unique Facts:The 708 area code is one of only two NANP codes that are not contiguous with any other NANP codes; the other being 867 for Canada's Yukon Territory. Additionally, it is one of only three NANP codes that do not have any associated toll-free numbers; the others being 867 and 809 for the Dominican Republic.
(708) Area Code - Famous People:Several famous people have called the 708 area code home over the years including actors Vince Vaughn and John Cusack; musicians Kanye West and Common; athletes Derrick Rose and Anthony Rizzo; politicians Rahm Emanuel and Barack Obama; writers Ernest Hemingway and Carl Sandburg; comedians Steve Carell and Tina Fey; scientists Enrico Fermi and Stephen Hawking; entrepreneurs Oprah Winfrey and Mark Zuckerberg; artists Georgia O'Keeffe and Grant Wood; musicians Herbie Hancock and Chance The Rapper; athletes Michael Jordan and Walter Payton; politicians Hillary Clinton and Paul Ryan; writers Saul Bellow and Ray Bradbury; comedians Bill Murray and Amy Poehler; scientists Marie Curie and Albert Einstein; entrepreneurs Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk; artists Pablo Picassoand Jackson Pollock.
(708) Area Code - Tourist Attractions:The 708 area code offers plenty of tourist attractions for visitors to enjoy such as Millennium Park in downtown Chicago, Navy Pier on Lake Michigan, Shedd Aquarium on Lake Michigan's Museum Campus, Brookfield Zoo near LaGrange Road in Brookfield IL., Lincoln Park Zoo near Fullerton Avenue in Lincoln Park IL., Adler Planetarium on South Lake Shore Drive in Chicago IL., Art Institute of Chicago on South Michigan Avenue in Chicago IL., Field Museum of Natural History on South Lake Shore Drive in Chicago IL., Museum of Science & Industry on South Lake Shore Drive in Hyde Park IL., Willis Tower Skydeck on West Jackson Boulevard in downtown Chicago IL., Wrigley Field on West Addison Street in Wrigleyville IL., Magnificent Mile shopping district along North Michigan Avenue in downtown Chicago IL., Garfield Park Conservatory near Central Park Avenue & Harrison Street in Garfield Park IL., Oak Street Beach along North Lake Shore Drive near Oak Street Beach IL., Six Flags Great America amusement park near Gurnee Mills Mall off Interstate 94 near Gurnee IL..
(708) Area Code - Cities Covered:
The 708 area code covers the cities Bellwood, Berwyn, Blue Island, Burbank, Calumet City, Chicago Heights, Cicero, Dolton, Elmwood Park, Evergreen Park, Harvey, Lansing, Maywood, Melrose Park, Oak Forest, Oak Lawn, Oak Park, Orland Park, Park Forest, South Holland and Tinley Park in the Counties of Cook.
(708) Area Code - Popular Prefixes: