Unlock Background Report
New Cingular Wireless PCS LLC - GA Wireless in JACKSON, MS
Reported between 1/1/1993 and 12/1/2022
(662) 844-3531 - Prior Owners
(662) Area Code - Information:
The 662 area code is a telephone area code in the North American Numbering Plan (NANP) for the northern and central parts of Mississippi. It was created in 1997, when it was split off from the 601 area code. The 662 area code covers most of the northern half of Mississippi, including cities such as Tupelo, Columbus, Oxford, Starkville, Greenville and Southaven.
(662) Area Code - Industries:The 662 area code is home to many industries that contribute to the state's economy. Agriculture is one of the main industries in this region, with cotton being one of the major crops grown here. Other important industries include manufacturing, healthcare, education and tourism.
(662) Area Code - Universities & Colleges:The 662 area code is home to several large universities and colleges. These include Mississippi State University in Starkville; University of Mississippi in Oxford; Delta State University in Cleveland; Alcorn State University in Lorman; Rust College in Holly Springs; Tougaloo College in Jackson; and Coahoma Community College in Clarksdale.
(662) Area Code - Unique Facts:One unique fact about the 662 area code is that it is home to some of the oldest churches in America. The First Presbyterian Church of Oxford was founded in 1837 and is still active today. Additionally, there are several historic sites located within this region such as Vicksburg National Military Park and Natchez Trace Parkway.
(662) Area Code - Famous People:The 662 area code has been home to many famous people throughout history. Some notable individuals include actor Morgan Freeman who was born in Memphis; singer Elvis Presley who was born in Tupelo; author William Faulkner who lived most of his life near Oxford; blues musician B.B King who was born near Indianola; civil rights leader Medgar Evers who was born near Decatur; and former President Jimmy Carter who grew up near Greenwood.
(662) Area Code - Tourist Attractions:The 662 area code offers plenty of tourist attractions for visitors to enjoy. In Tupelo, visitors can explore Elvis Presley’s birthplace or take a tour of his childhood home at Graceland Mansion Museum. In Oxford, visitors can explore William Faulkner’s Rowan Oak estate or visit the University of Mississippi campus which features beautiful architecture from its 19th century buildings. In Vicksburg, visitors can explore Civil War battlefields or take a riverboat cruise on the Mississippi River.
(662) Area Code - Cities Covered:
The 662 area code covers the cities Clarksdale, Columbus, Greenville, Olive Branch, Southaven, Starkville and Tupelo in the Counties of Coahoma, Lowndes, Washington, De Soto, Oktibbeha and Lee.
(662) Area Code - Popular Prefixes: