Unlock Background Report
Ameritech Wisconsin LandLine/Services in SOUTHWEST, WI
Reported between 9/16/2004 and 12/1/2022
(608) 238-5388 - Prior Owners
(608) Area Code - Information:
The 608 area code is a telephone area code in the North American Numbering Plan (NANP) for the state of Wisconsin. It was created on January 1, 1947, and covers most of the southern half of the state, including Madison, La Crosse, Eau Claire, Janesville, Beloit, and Wausau.
(608) Area Code - Industries:Wisconsin's 608 area code is home to many industries that contribute to its economy. The region is known for its manufacturing sector which includes paper products, food processing, printing and publishing, machinery production, and medical equipment. Additionally, agriculture plays an important role in the local economy with dairy farming being one of the main sources of income. Other industries include health care services, retail trade, finance and insurance services.
(608) Area Code - Universities & Colleges:The 608 area code is home to several large universities and colleges such as University of Wisconsin-Madison (UW-Madison), University of Wisconsin-La Crosse (UW-La Crosse), University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire (UW-Eau Claire), University of Wisconsin-Whitewater (UW-Whitewater), Edgewood College, Viterbo University and Beloit College. These institutions offer a variety of degree programs ranging from undergraduate to doctoral degrees in fields such as business administration, engineering, education and nursing.
608 is also known as "Cheesehead Country" due to its strong connection with cheese production in the state. Additionally, it is home to some unique attractions such as Cave of the Mounds National Natural Landmark near Blue Mounds State Park; Circus World Museum in Baraboo; House on the Rock near Spring Green; Taliesin Estate near Spring Green; International Crane Foundation near Baraboo; Ho Chunk Casino near Baraboo; Noah's Ark Waterpark near Lake Delton; Mirror Lake State Park near Lake Delton; Devil's Lake State Park near Baraboo; and Cascade Mountain Ski Area near Portage.
The 608 area code has been home to many famous people over the years including actors Gene Wilder and Mark Ruffalo; musicians Steve Miller Band frontman Steve Miller and Garbage lead singer Shirley Manson; writers Laura Ingalls Wilder and August Derleth; athletes Brett Favre and J.J Watt; politicians Tammy Baldwin and Paul Ryan; scientists Carl Djerassi and Stephen Hales; entrepreneurs John Menard Jr., founder of Menards Home Improvement Stores; philanthropists Lynde Uihlein & Edgar Kaiser Jr.; fashion designer Tory Burch; artist Georgia O'Keeffe; architect Frank Lloyd Wright; chef Thomas Keller ;and astronaut James Lovell Jr..
(608) Area Code - Tourist Attractions:The 608 area code offers plenty of tourist attractions for visitors to explore including: Olbrich Botanical Gardens in Madison featuring 16 acres of outdoor gardens plus a tropical conservatory filled with exotic plants from around the world; Henry Vilas Zoo in Madison offering free admission year round with more than 500 animals representing 150 species from around the world living in naturalistic habitats designed by landscape architects from around the country ;the National Mustard Museum located in Middleton showcasing more than 5500 varieties of mustard from all 50 states plus 70 countries around the world ;the Circus World Museum located in Baraboo featuring live performances by circus performers throughout summer months plus exhibits about circus history ;the House on The Rock located near Spring Green offering breathtaking views along with unique architecture ;and Taliesin Estate located nearby offering tours through Frank Lloyd Wright’s estate .
(608) Area Code - Cities Covered:
The 608 area code covers the cities Beloit, Fitchburg, Janesville, La Crosse, Madison and Sun Prairie in the Counties of Rock, Dane and La Crosse.
(608) Area Code - Popular Prefixes: