Unlock Background Report
T-Mobile USA Inc Wireless in DALLAS, TX
Reported between 9/29/2006 and 12/1/2022
(508) 996-2461 - Prior Owners
(508) Area Code - Information:
The 508 area code is a telephone area code in the North American Numbering Plan (NANP) for the southeastern part of Massachusetts, including Cape Cod and the islands of Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. It was created in 1988 as a split from the 617 area code.
(508) Area Code - Industries:The 508 area code covers a wide range of industries, from technology to tourism. The region is home to several major tech companies, such as EMC Corporation, Akamai Technologies, and TripAdvisor. Additionally, the region is known for its seafood industry, with many fishing villages located along the coast. Tourism is also an important industry in the 508 area code; popular attractions include Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket Islands, Provincetown Harbor, and Plymouth Plantation.
(508) Area Code - Universities & Colleges:The 508 area code includes several large universities and colleges. Harvard University is located in Cambridge, while MIT is located nearby in Boston. Other notable institutions include Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), Clark University, Brandeis University, Tufts University, and UMass Medical School.
(508) Area Code - Unique Facts:The 508 area code has some unique facts associated with it. For example, it is home to America’s oldest public beach – Revere Beach – which opened in 1896. Additionally, it is home to one of the world’s largest cranberry bogs – A.D. Makepeace Company – located in Wareham. Finally, it is home to one of the oldest lighthouses in America – Nobska Light – which was built in 1828 on Martha’s Vineyard Island.
(508) Area Code - Famous People:The 508 area code has been home to many famous people throughout history. Notable figures include former President John F Kennedy (who was born in Brookline), actor Mark Wahlberg (born in Dorchester), singer-songwriter James Taylor (born in Boston), author Stephen King (born in Portland), comedian Conan O'Brien (born in Brookline), actress Amy Poehler (born in Newton), and musician Jonathan Richman (born in Natick).
(508) Area Code - Tourist Attractions:Freedom Trail - The Freedom Trail is a 2 ½ mile walking tour through downtown Boston that passes 16 historically significant sites related to the American Revolution such as Paul Revere House and Old North Church.
Martha's Vineyard - Martha's Vineyard is an island off the coast of Massachusetts that offers beautiful beaches and quaint towns full of shops and restaurants for visitors to explore.
Plymouth Plantation - Plymouth Plantation is a living museum that recreates life during colonial times with costumed interpreters demonstrating traditional crafts such as blacksmithing and spinning wool yarns.
Nantucket Whaling Museum - The Nantucket Whaling Museum showcases artifacts from whaling ships that sailed out of Nantucket during the 19th century including harpoons, scrimshaw carvings, logbooks, paintings and more.
(508) Area Code - Cities Covered:
The 508 area code covers the cities Attleboro, Barnstable Town, Brockton, Fall River, Framingham, Franklin, Marlborough, Milford, New Bedford, Taunton and Worcester in the Counties of Bristol, Barnstable, Plymouth, Middlesex, Norfolk and Worcester.
(508) Area Code - Popular Prefixes: