Unlock Background Report
Bellsouth Telecommunications Inc Dba South Central Bell Telephone LandLine/Services in CHATTANOOGA, TN
Reported between 5/1/1993 and 12/1/2022
(423) 870-8369 - Prior Owners
(423) Area Code - Information:
The 423 area code is an area code that covers the eastern Tennessee region, including Chattanooga and its surrounding areas. It was created in 1995 as a split from the 615 area code. The 423 area code serves parts of eight counties in East Tennessee, including Hamilton, Bradley, McMinn, Monroe, Polk, Rhea, Sequatchie and Marion.
(423) Area Code - Industries:The 423 area code is home to many industries such as automotive manufacturing, healthcare services, technology companies and tourism. Chattanooga is home to Volkswagen's only North American plant which produces the Passat sedan and Atlas SUV. Other major employers include Erlanger Health System, Unum Group and BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee. The city also has a thriving tech industry with companies like Amazon Web Services and Bellhops headquartered there. Tourism is also a major industry in the 423 area code with attractions such as Lookout Mountain and Ruby Falls drawing visitors from all over the world.
(423) Area Code - Universities & Colleges:The 423 area code is home to several universities and colleges including the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga (UTC), Lee University, Southern Adventist University and Bryan College. UTC offers more than 140 undergraduate majors and concentrations as well as graduate programs in business administration, engineering and nursing. Lee University is a private Christian university offering more than 100 academic programs across five schools: Arts & Sciences; Business; Education; Music; Nursing & Health Sciences; Religion & Philosophy; Social Work; Theatre & Speech Communication Arts. Southern Adventist University is a private liberal arts college affiliated with the Seventh-day Adventist Church while Bryan College is a private Christian college offering degrees in business administration, education and psychology among others.
(423) Area Code - Unique Facts:The 423 area code has some unique facts associated with it that make it stand out from other regions in Tennessee. For example, it was one of the first areas to be served by AT&T's long distance service when it launched in 1885. Additionally, Chattanooga was once known as "the dirtiest city in America" due to its air pollution caused by industrialization during the early 20th century. However, since then the city has made great strides towards becoming cleaner through initiatives such as greenways along riversides for recreation purposes and improved air quality standards set by local government agencies.
(423) Area Code - Famous People:The 423 area code has produced some famous people over the years including singer/songwriter Dolly Parton who grew up near Sevierville just outside of Knoxville; actor Samuel L Jackson who attended Morehouse College in Atlanta before moving to Los Angeles; former NFL quarterback Peyton Manning who played college football at UT Knoxville before being drafted by Indianapolis Colts; country music star Kenny Chesney who hails from Luttrell just outside of Knoxville; actress Miley Cyrus who grew up near Nashville before moving to Hollywood; rapper Juicy J who grew up in Memphis before finding fame with Three 6 Mafia; comedian Jeff Foxworthy who grew up near Atlanta before moving to Los Angeles; actor Morgan Freeman who attended Jackson State University before moving to New York City; singer Taylor Swift who moved to Nashville at age 14 after being discovered by Scott Borchetta at a local cafe show case night; actor Johnny Knoxville who attended South Young High School in Knoxville before moving to Los Angeles where he found fame on MTV’s Jackass series among others.
(423) Area Code - Tourist Attractions:The 423 area code offers plenty of tourist attractions for visitors looking for something fun or interesting to do while visiting East Tennessee.
(423) Area Code - Cities Covered:
The 423 area code covers the cities Bristol, Chattanooga, Cleveland, East Ridge, Johnson City, Kingsport and Morristown in the Counties of Sullivan, Hamilton, Bradley, Washington and Hamblen.
(423) Area Code - Popular Prefixes:
(423) Area Code - Demographics:
|Avg Persons Per Household||2.46|
|Median Age (Male)||36.56|
|Median Age (Female)||38.95|