Unlock Background Report
Cellco Partnership Dba Verizon Wireless - WV Wireless in CHARLESTON, WV
Reported between 11/30/2013 and 12/1/2022
(304) Area Code - Information:
The 304 area code is located in the state of West Virginia and covers the entire state. It was created in 1947 as one of the original 86 area codes established by AT&T. The 304 area code is home to a variety of industries, universities, colleges, famous people, and tourist attractions.
(304) Area Code - Industries:West Virginia's economy is largely based on natural resources such as coal, timber, oil and gas. The 304 area code is home to many industries related to these resources including mining, energy production, manufacturing and forestry. Additionally, there are several large companies headquartered in the 304 area code such as Mylan Pharmaceuticals and Appalachian Power Company.
(304) Area Code - Universities & Colleges:The 304 area code is home to several large universities and colleges including West Virginia University (WVU), Marshall University, Concord University and Fairmont State University. WVU is the largest university in the state with over 30,000 students enrolled each year. Marshall University is also a popular choice for students looking for an education in business or engineering.
(304) Area Code - Unique Facts:The 304 area code has some unique facts associated with it that make it stand out from other areas of the country. For example, West Virginia was the only state to remain loyal to the Union during the Civil War and was admitted into the Union after seceding from Virginia in 1863. Additionally, West Virginia is known for its beautiful mountain scenery which can be seen throughout much of the 304 area code.
(304) Area Code - Famous People:The 304 area code has produced some notable figures over the years including actors Don Knotts and Brad Dourif; musicians John Denver and Kathy Mattea; writers Pearl S Buck and Breece D'J Pancake; athletes Jerry West and Randy Moss; politicians Robert Byrd and Jay Rockefeller; scientists George Washington Carver and Homer Hickam; entrepreneurs Bill Gates and Steve Case; inventors Thomas Edison and Alexander Graham Bell; astronauts Judith Resnik and Charles Bolden Jr.; civil rights activists Booker T Washington and Mary McLeod Bethune; religious leaders Mother Teresa and Billy Graham; military heroes Audie Murphy and Alvin York; entertainers Bob Hope and Muppets creator Jim Henson; political activists Gloria Steinem and Cesar Chavez; authors JRR Tolkienand Ernest Hemingway; artists Jackson Pollockand Andy Warhol; athletes Michael Jordanand Babe Ruth; musicians Elvis Presleyand Johnny Cash; comedians Richard Pryorand Robin Williams; scientists Marie Curieand Albert Einstein.
(304) Area Code - Tourist Attractions:The 304 area code offers a variety of tourist attractions for visitors to enjoy including Harpers Ferry National Historical Park which features historic buildings from colonial times as well as scenic views of the Potomac River Valley. Other popular attractions include Blackwater Falls State Park which features stunning waterfalls surrounded by lush forests, Seneca Rocks which offer breathtaking views of rock formations rising 900 feet above ground level, New River Gorge Bridge which spans 3100 feet across a deep gorge carved by New River below it, Cass Scenic Railroad which takes passengers on a journey through rugged mountainside terrain aboard vintage steam locomotives, Snowshoe Mountain Resort which offers skiing trails for all levels of skiers as well as snow tubing runs for those looking for more adventure-filled activities during their visit to West Virginia’s mountainside playgrounds.
(304) Area Code - Cities Covered:
The 304 area code covers the cities Charleston, Huntington, Morgantown, Parkersburg, Weirton and Wheeling in the Counties of Kanawha, Cabell, Monongalia, Wood, Hancock and Ohio.
(304) Area Code - Popular Prefixes:
(304) Area Code - Demographics:
|Avg Persons Per Household||2.48|
|Median Age (Male)||38.55|
|Median Age (Female)||40.21|