Unlock Background Report
New Cingular Wireless PCS LLC - IL Wireless in HOUSTON, TX
Reported between 7/1/2000 and 12/1/2022
(281) 364-8185 - Prior Owners
(281) Area Code - Information:
The 281 area code is a telephone area code in the North American Numbering Plan (NANP) for the Houston metropolitan area. It was created on June 12, 1997, and covers parts of Harris County, Fort Bend County, Montgomery County, Waller County, Brazoria County, Liberty County and Chambers County.
(281) Area Code - Industries:The 281 area code is home to many industries including oil and gas production, petrochemical refining, aerospace engineering and manufacturing, biomedical research and technology development. The Port of Houston is also located within the 281 area code. This port is one of the busiest ports in the United States and serves as an important hub for international trade. Additionally, the region has become a major center for medical care with several large hospitals located within its boundaries.
(281) Area Code - Universities & Colleges:The 281 area code is home to several universities and colleges including Rice University, University of Houston-Clear Lake, University of St. Thomas, Texas Southern University and San Jacinto College. These institutions offer a variety of degree programs ranging from undergraduate to doctoral level studies.
(281) Area Code - Unique Facts:The 281 area code is unique in that it contains two distinct regions: Greater Houston and Southeast Texas. Greater Houston includes most of Harris County while Southeast Texas includes all other counties within the 281 area code boundaries. Additionally, this region is known for its diverse population which includes people from various ethnic backgrounds such as African Americans, Hispanics/Latinos and Asians.
(281) Area Code - Famous People:Several famous people have called the 281 area code home including former President George H.W Bush who lived in Houston during his presidency; singer Beyonce Knowles who grew up in Houston; actor Dennis Quaid who attended college at the University of Houston; rapper Paul Wall who hails from Houston; and professional golfer Fred Couples who was born in nearby Bellaire.
(281) Area Code - Tourist Attractions:Houston offers numerous tourist attractions within its borders including Space Center Houston which houses NASA's Mission Control Center; The Galleria which is one of the largest shopping malls in America; The Museum District which features 19 museums; The Downtown Aquarium which showcases over 200 species of aquatic life; The Kemah Boardwalk which features amusement rides and restaurants along Galveston Bay; and Hermann Park which offers recreational activities such as golfing and biking trails.
(281) Area Code - Cities Covered:
The 281 area code covers the cities Alvin, Atascocita, Baytown, Channelview, Cloverleaf, Deer Park, Friendswood, Houston, La Porte, League City, Mission Bend, Missouri City, Pasadena, Pearland, Rosenberg, Spring, Sugar Land and The Woodlands in the Counties of Brazoria, Harris, Galveston, Fort Bend and Montgomery.
(281) Area Code - Popular Prefixes:
(281) Area Code - Demographics:
|Avg Persons Per Household||2.83|
|Median Age (Male)||31.78|
|Median Age (Female)||33.18|