Unlock Background Report
Comcast IP Phone LLC VOIP in HOUSTON, TX
Reported between 1/17/2013 and 12/1/2022
(217) 526-3285 - Prior Owners
(217) Area Code - Information:
The 217 area code is an area code in the North American Numbering Plan (NANP) for the central and western parts of Illinois. It serves most of the state outside of the Chicago metropolitan area, including cities such as Springfield, Champaign-Urbana, Decatur, Quincy, and Jacksonville. The 217 area code was created in 1947 when it was split off from the original 312 area code.
(217) Area Code - Industries:The 217 area code is home to a variety of industries, ranging from agriculture to manufacturing. Agriculture is a major industry in this region, with corn and soybeans being two of the most important crops grown here. Manufacturing also plays an important role in the economy of this region, with companies such as Caterpillar Inc., Mitsubishi Motors North America, and Archer Daniels Midland having large facilities located here. Additionally, there are many small businesses that operate within this region as well.
(217) Area Code - Universities & Colleges:The 217 area code is home to several large universities and colleges. The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is one of the largest public universities in the United States and has been ranked among the top 10 public universities by U.S. News & World Report for more than 20 years. Other notable institutions include Eastern Illinois University in Charleston, Western Illinois University in Macomb, Millikin University in Decatur, Lincoln Land Community College in Springfield, and Parkland College in Champaign-Urbana.
(217) Area Code - Unique Facts:One unique fact about the 217 area code is that it is home to Abraham Lincoln's tomb at Oak Ridge Cemetery in Springfield. Additionally, it is also home to some of the oldest buildings on college campuses throughout Illinois; for example, Bevier Hall at Southern Illinois University Carbondale dates back to 1869 while Altgeld Hall at Northern Illinois University dates back to 1895.
(217) Area Code - Famous People:The 217 area code has produced many famous people over the years including actors John Malkovich and Gary Sinise; musicians like Chance The Rapper; athletes such as Michael Jordan; politicians like Barack Obama; authors like Carl Sandburg; scientists like Stephen Hawking; entrepreneurs like Oprah Winfrey; and comedians like Bob Newhart.
(217) Area Code - Tourist Attractions:Six Flags Great America amusement park near Gurnee is one popular tourist attraction located within this region. Other attractions include Starved Rock State Park near Utica which features 13 miles of trails along sandstone canyons carved by glacial meltwater thousands of years ago; Anderson Japanese Gardens near Rockford which offers 12 acres of tranquil gardens featuring ponds filled with koi fish; and Cahokia Mounds State Historic Site near Collinsville which contains some of the largest prehistoric Native American mounds ever built north of Mexico City.
(217) Area Code - Cities Covered:
The 217 area code covers the cities Champaign, Charleston, Danville, Decatur, Quincy, Springfield and Urbana in the Counties of Champaign, Coles, Vermilion, Macon, Adams and Sangamon.
(217) Area Code - Popular Prefixes:
(217) Area Code - Demographics:
|Avg Persons Per Household||2.53|
|Median Age (Male)||37.10|
|Median Age (Female)||39.16|