Unlock Background Report
Verizon New Jersey Inc LandLine/Services in NORTH JERSEY, NJ
Reported between 8/5/2008 and 12/1/2022
(201) 944-0315 - Prior Owners
(201) Area Code - Information:
The 201 area code is a telephone area code in the North American Numbering Plan (NANP) for the state of New Jersey. It serves most of Hudson, Bergen, and Passaic counties, including the cities of Hackensack, Jersey City, Hoboken, Bayonne, and Paterson. The 201 area code was created in 1947 as one of the original 86 area codes assigned by AT&T.
(201) Area Code - Industries:The 201 area code is home to many industries that contribute to the economy of New Jersey. These include pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, finance and banking, telecommunications, transportation and logistics, manufacturing and retail. Pharmaceutical companies such as Merck & Co., Johnson & Johnson and Pfizer are headquartered in this region. Additionally, financial institutions like Goldman Sachs and UBS have offices here. Telecommunications giants Verizon Wireless and AT&T also have a presence in this region.
(201) Area Code - Universities & Colleges:The 201 area code is home to several large universities and colleges including Rutgers University-Newark Campus, Stevens Institute of Technology in Hoboken, Seton Hall University in South Orange and Fairleigh Dickinson University in Teaneck. These schools offer a variety of degree programs ranging from business to engineering to liberal arts.
(201) Area Code - Unique Facts:The 201 area code is known for its diverse population with over 200 languages spoken throughout the region. Additionally, it has been recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse regions in the United States with over 40% of its population being foreign born. The region is also home to some unique attractions such as Liberty State Park which offers stunning views of Manhattan skyline across the Hudson River; Ellis Island Immigration Museum which tells stories about immigrants who came through Ellis Island; Meadowlands Sports Complex which hosts professional sports teams like New York Giants; and Liberty Science Center which features interactive exhibits on science topics such as space exploration and robotics.
(201) Area Code - Famous People:The 201 area code has produced many famous people including actors Danny DeVito (Asbury Park), Joe Pesci (Newark), Ray Liotta (Union City) and Jon Bon Jovi (Sayreville); musicians Bruce Springsteen (Freehold) and Whitney Houston (Newark); writers Philip Roth (Newark) and Joyce Carol Oates (Lockport); athletes Shaquille O’Neal (Newark) and Carl Lewis (Willowbrook); politicians Cory Booker (Newark) and Bill Bradley (Crystal City).
(201) Area Code - Tourist Attractions:The 201 area code offers plenty of tourist attractions for visitors to explore including Liberty State Park which offers stunning views of Manhattan skyline across the Hudson River; Ellis Island Immigration Museum which tells stories about immigrants who came through Ellis Island; Meadowlands Sports Complex which hosts professional sports teams like New York Giants; Liberty Science Center which features interactive exhibits on science topics such as space exploration and robotics; Palisades Interstate Park which provides hiking trails along cliffs overlooking the Hudson River; George Washington Bridge connecting Fort Lee with Upper Manhattan; Newark Museum featuring art collections from around the world; High Line Park offering elevated walkways above city streets; Central Railroad Terminal providing access to trains heading into Manhattan; Statue Of Liberty National Monument located on an island off Lower Manhattan coast; Times Square bustling with activity day or night; Empire State Building towering over Midtown Manhattan skyline; Brooklyn Bridge spanning East River between Brooklyn Heights neighborhood in Brooklyn borough with Lower Manhattan Financial District neighborhood in Manhattan borough.
(201) Area Code - Cities Covered:
The 201 area code covers the cities Bayonne, Bergenfield, Cliffside Park, Englewood, Fair Lawn, Fort Lee, Hackensack, Hoboken, Jersey City, Kearny, North Bergen, Paramus, Ridgewood, Teaneck, Union City and West New York in the Counties of Hudson and Bergen.
(201) Area Code - Popular Prefixes:
(201) Area Code - Demographics:
|Avg Persons Per Household||2.68|
|Median Age (Male)||36.81|
|Median Age (Female)||39.24|